Ryder Estate Wines Announces Executive Sponsorship of Real Men Wear Pink LAJuly 18, 2019 | Ryder Estate Wines
Ryder Estate Wines Announces Executive Sponsorship of Real Men Wear Pink LA
Salinas, Calif.—Ryder Estate Wines has formed a strategic partnership with Real Men Wear Pink LA to raise awareness and funds to support breast cancer research. The Central Coast winery, owned and operated by Scheid Family Wines (SFW), is an Executive Sponsor for Real Men Wear Pink LA in 2019 and will be participating in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walks.
According to the American Cancer Society, roughly 12% of US women will develop breast cancer at some point in their lives. In 2019, it is estimated more than 250,500 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women and more than 40,000 will die from breast cancer. But, thanks to the efforts of groups like the American Cancer Society, there have been great advances in treatment and prevention through education, awareness, early screening and new treatments.
“Every year breast cancer affects both women and men around the world,” said Heidi Scheid, Executive Vice President of Scheid Family Wines. “It is the second leading cause of cancer death in women. But there is hope. Today there are more than 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States alone. Early detection and new innovative treatments have made impressive inroads against this pernicious foe. To help continue the fight, Scheid Family Wines is partnering with Real Men Wear Pink LA to help raise funds and awareness for this worthy cause.”
Throughout the second half of 2019, SFW’s Ryder Estate will do the following to raise funds and awareness to combat breast cancer:
- Be an Executive Sponsor for Real Men Wear Pink LA in 2019
- Sponsor and provide wine for numerous Real Men Wear Pink LA events beginning July 18th in Pasadena, CA
- Field “Ryder Striders” teams in several cities to raise money and awareness in the Making Strides Against
- Breast Cancer Walks in October
- During the month of October, donate $1 for every glass of Ryder Estate Rosé sold in participating US restaurants to Real Men Wear Pink LA
- During the month of October, donate $1 for every bottle of Ryder Estate Rosé sold at participating US retailers to Real Men Wear Pink LA
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.